Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jesus's Eyes

Scripture
[God] told me,"My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." Once I heard that,I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap andbegan appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness...And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 -
A story~"[Melha] went right uo to her nearly blink father and pointed to one picture on the wall---one of the Lord calling little child to Him--and said,'Look at Jesus'
" 'have no eyes,O my daughter--I cannot see,' was the answer.[The girl] lifted her head and eyes to the picture and said, 'O Jesus,look at father!' "
Had Melha shown the pride of adulthood, she might ahve agreed with her father that it was useless to try to see God.But in joyful humility, she simply acknowledged that her father was weak and God was strong. She knew that God sees us before we can even look at Him. He longs for us to acknowledge how dependent we are on him.
In our ambition we believe that we must get our lives together before we can turn to God. But in our humility we realize that only through God will we find the completeness we need to love him,see him, and care for others.

Prayer
God, I am weak today...Help me to be strong in you...

(Garp Chapman & Elisa Stanford; The Love As A Way Of Life)
DEVOTIONAL~

No comments:

Post a Comment